Traffic (brought to you by LFUCG’s traffic ticker):
Non-Injury Collision: Northside Dr. at Wayland Dr.
- Clays Mill Road between Vincent Way at Delzan Place – Stalled vehicle.
- Mercer Road between Harbison Court and Transport Court – Semi lost load. One lane open.
According to the National Weather Service, the current temperature is 42 degrees with fair skies. Today is supposed to be sunny with a high of 69 degrees, and tonight will be mostly clear with lows in the lower-40s. A light wind will pick up around midnight and a 10% chance of showers will be in effect for most of the day.
Good morning BlueCoastLive, this morning is a brisk 59 degrees with 75% humidity. There’s a high of 75 degrees, so it should be a nice temperature throughout the day. There are storm systems to the east and west of Kentucky, so there is a 40% chance of rain today. According to the National Weather Service there will be scattered thunderstorms through out the afternoon, so remember to bring your umbrella.
There is a non-injury collision at Inner Loop New Circle Rd. and Winchester. Two lanes are blocked so expect some delays on your morning commute.
The ramp from I-64 westbound to I-75 southbound and the ramp from I-75 northbound to I-64 eastbound will be closed from 7 p.m. tonight to Monday morning at 5:30.
Wellington Way between Buckingham Ln and Arrowhead Dr will be closed until Sunday. 6am to 4pm
One lane/sidewalk blocked to rebuild sidewalk on E Maxwell between Rose St and Woodland Ave until 4 p.m.
Closures Scheduled from 9am to 3pm:
- Northbound lane on Rose St between Lyndhurst Pl and E Vine St will blocked for underground cable work.
- Georgetown Rd between Mercer Rd and Newtown Pike – Inbound lane blocked as needed for cable work.
- Jefferson St between W Main St and W Sixth St – Northbound lane blocked as needed for manhole work.
- Lane Allen Rd between Alexandria Dr and Traveller Rd – Lane closures as needed for milling/paving.
- N Broadway between W Loudon Ave and Granard Ave – Lane closures as needed for pavement replacement.
- Sir Barton Way between Winchester Rd and Old Rosebud Rd – Possible rolling blockage in the southbound right lane for street light installation.
- W High St between Madison Pl and W Maxwell St – Lane closures as needed for switching service lines.
- Aurora Ave at Hanover Ct – Lane closures as needed for pavement repair.
- Cecil Way between Loretta Dr and Neal Dr – Lane closures as needed for milling/paving.
- E Main St between Elm Tree Ln and Esplanade – Sidewalk and right lane blocked for work on the Streetscape project.
- Mitchell Ave between Clays Mill Rd and Lane Allen Rd – Lane closures as needed for milling/paving.
- N Limestone at E Third St – Lane closures as needed for utility work.
- Nakomi Dr between Clays Mill Rd and Waco Rd – Lane closures as needed for milling/paving.
- Old Paris Rd at Strawberry Fields Rd – Right lane blocked for tree removal.
- Winterberry Dr between Stephens Ln and Oleander Dr – Northbound lane blocked as needed for sewer line repair.
Closures Scheduled from 6pm to 6am:
- N Broadway between W Loudon Ave and Granard Ave – Center turn lane and inbound/outbound left lanes blocked for water main installation.
- N Broadway at W Third St – Inbound/outbound left lanes blocked on Broadway, and westbound lane blocked on Third for valve box cleaning.
Tonight: Low of 62. 40% Chance of Precipitation.
Tomorrow: High of 79. Low of 63. 40% Chance of Precipitation.
Sunday: High of 89. Low of 64. 50% chance of rain during the night.
Events around Lexington
Keenland’s Spring Race meet starts today and will run Wednesday through Sunday until the 29th. Gates open at 11 a.m. and the first post time is 1:15. p.m. Umbrellas are permitted, so I suggest bringing one in case of rain. Admission is $5.
The University of Kentucky’s Art Museum is open to the general public for free today from noon until 8 p.m. “World War I and The Art of Persuasion” is on display. “SPLENDID SILK: Japanese Embroidery2011 Nuido World Exhibition” will open on Sunday until 3 July.
“Trends in Contemporary Navajo Pottery will be presented by Anthony Webster, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale room 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m is Student Center room 249.
Beauxs Art Ball is this Saturday. Tickets are on sale at CD Central, POPS Resale, Third Street Stuff, Oneness Premium and in front of Pence Hall on the UK campus. For more information go to their website.
Hi everyone, I’m Shannon Frazer and I’ll be the editor of the day on Bluecoast Live today.
Today’s weather will be quite wacky, so pack your umbrellas, shorts, AND winter coats. According to the National Weather Service, today’s forecast will be windy, with showers and thunderstorms likely in until midday. Highs in the mid 70s. Tonight will turn breezier and colder, with more showers and thunderstorms this evening and a chance of rain showers after midnight. Lows will drop to the upper 30s.
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet website says drivers on US 68x will experience some delays, as there is construction work in both directions between US 27 and Clinic Drive.
According to the Lexington-Fayetter Urban County Government website traffic ticker:
Inbound N. Broadway at I-75.
Outbound Leestown Road at New Circle Road.
Outbound Nicholasville Road at Waller Ave. – Stalled vehicle.
I-64 Lane Closures Scheduled in Fayette County starting Monday:
Monday, April 4, thru Friday, April 8, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.:
Lane closures will be located at the I-64/I-75 southern split. Various lanes will be closed throughout the week. There will be open lanes at all times. A 45 mph speed limit will be in effect for this area.
One lane on I-64 westbound (leading into Lexington toward the I-64/I-75 Southern Split) will be closed on Monday morning, April 4.
Pothole Repair Work Starting Monday:
Scheduled from Monday April 4 thru Thursday April 7 from 9am to 3pm as shown immediately below.
Monday – Briar Hill Road and Cleveland Road.
Tuesday – I-75 north and southbound between mile points 99 and 108.
Wednesday – I-64 east and westbound between Frankfort and Lexington.
Thursday – New Circle Road (the entire road for both inner and outer loops).
Street and Lane Closures for April 4
Closure Scheduled 24 Hrs/Day on Wellington Way until Sunday, April 10:
Wellington Way between Buckingham Lane and Arrowhead Dr. – Street closed. Detour using Buckingham and Arrowhead.
Closures Scheduled from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.:
Rose Street between Lyndhurst Place and E. Vine Street – Northbound lane blocked for underground cable work.
Jefferson St between W. Main Street and W. Sixth Street – Northbound lane blocked as needed for manhole work.
S. Upper Street at Pine Street – Lane closures as needed to install caution lights.
W. High Street between Madison Place and W. Maxwell Street – Lane closures as needed for switching service lines.
Broadview Dr. at N. Broadway – Street Closed at Broadway for manhole work. Local access via Limestone.
Cheryl Lane at Faircrest Dr. – Lane closures as needed for gas line work.
E. Main Street between Elm Tree Lane and Esplanade – Sidewalk and right lane blocked for work on the Streetscape project.
Georgian Way between Williamsburg Road and end of street – Narrowing southbound lane for sewer line work.
N. Limestone at E. Third Street – Lane closures as needed for utility work.
Winterberry Dr. between Stephens Lane and Oleander Dr. – Northbound lane blocked as needed for sewer line repair.
Closures Scheduled from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m.:
N. Broadway between W. Loudon Ave. and Granard Ave. – Center turn lane and inbound/outbound left lanes blocked for water main installation.
There are several road closures today in Lexington.
The northbound right lane of Rose Street will be blocked between Lyndhurst Place and East Vine Street ,through Sunday, April 10, for utility work. Two-way traffic will be maintained.
The right southbound lane of Sir Barton Way between Winchester Rd. & Old Rosebud Rd. will be blocked for streetlight instalation.
Part of East Main Street will be blocked between Elm Tree Lane and Esplanade for streetscape work.
There will also be lane closures from 9am – 3pm for repair work on Clay’s Ferry Bridge between Fayette & Madison Counties.
The right inbound lane of North Broadway will be blocked between Southridge Drive and West New Circle Road to repair manhole covers.
For the complete list, visit the traffic summery on the Lexington-Gayette County website,