Hi 50 °F
Lo 31 °F
|Wind:||From SSE at 12 mph|
|UV Index:||1 Low|
|Sunrise:||7:19 AM ET|
|Record High:||77°F (1971)|
|Wind:||From SW at 9 mph||Humidity:||94%|
|Sunset:||5:27 PM ET|
|Record Low:||14°F (1916)|
8:00 am: 58 degrees
Noon: 61 degrees
10% Chance of Rain
4:00 pm: 65 degrees
20% Chance of Rain
Traffic (brought to you by LFUCG’s traffic ticker):
Non-Injury Collision: Northside Dr. at Wayland Dr.
- Clays Mill Road between Vincent Way at Delzan Place – Stalled vehicle.
- Mercer Road between Harbison Court and Transport Court – Semi lost load. One lane open.
According to the National Weather Service, the current temperature is 42 degrees with fair skies. Today is supposed to be sunny with a high of 69 degrees, and tonight will be mostly clear with lows in the lower-40s. A light wind will pick up around midnight and a 10% chance of showers will be in effect for most of the day.
A flood watch for counties in eastern Kentucky has been added to a tornado watch issued earlier for most of Kentucky. The flood watch will last until Tuesday.
The tornado watch is in effect for eastern parts of the state until 7 p.m. and for counties in central Kentucky, including Fayette County, until 6 p.m.
Heavy rain that could cause flash flooding in some areas of eastern Kentucky is expected from the storms, which are preceeding a powerful cold front that will drop daytime highs in the region into the low-mid 50s on Tuesday.
Good morning BlueCoastLive, this morning is a brisk 59 degrees with 75% humidity. There’s a high of 75 degrees, so it should be a nice temperature throughout the day. There are storm systems to the east and west of Kentucky, so there is a 40% chance of rain today. According to the National Weather Service there will be scattered thunderstorms through out the afternoon, so remember to bring your umbrella.
There is a non-injury collision at Inner Loop New Circle Rd. and Winchester. Two lanes are blocked so expect some delays on your morning commute.
The ramp from I-64 westbound to I-75 southbound and the ramp from I-75 northbound to I-64 eastbound will be closed from 7 p.m. tonight to Monday morning at 5:30.
Wellington Way between Buckingham Ln and Arrowhead Dr will be closed until Sunday. 6am to 4pm
One lane/sidewalk blocked to rebuild sidewalk on E Maxwell between Rose St and Woodland Ave until 4 p.m.
Closures Scheduled from 9am to 3pm:
- Northbound lane on Rose St between Lyndhurst Pl and E Vine St will blocked for underground cable work.
- Georgetown Rd between Mercer Rd and Newtown Pike – Inbound lane blocked as needed for cable work.
- Jefferson St between W Main St and W Sixth St – Northbound lane blocked as needed for manhole work.
- Lane Allen Rd between Alexandria Dr and Traveller Rd – Lane closures as needed for milling/paving.
- N Broadway between W Loudon Ave and Granard Ave – Lane closures as needed for pavement replacement.
- Sir Barton Way between Winchester Rd and Old Rosebud Rd – Possible rolling blockage in the southbound right lane for street light installation.
- W High St between Madison Pl and W Maxwell St – Lane closures as needed for switching service lines.
- Aurora Ave at Hanover Ct – Lane closures as needed for pavement repair.
- Cecil Way between Loretta Dr and Neal Dr – Lane closures as needed for milling/paving.
- E Main St between Elm Tree Ln and Esplanade – Sidewalk and right lane blocked for work on the Streetscape project.
- Mitchell Ave between Clays Mill Rd and Lane Allen Rd – Lane closures as needed for milling/paving.
- N Limestone at E Third St – Lane closures as needed for utility work.
- Nakomi Dr between Clays Mill Rd and Waco Rd – Lane closures as needed for milling/paving.
- Old Paris Rd at Strawberry Fields Rd – Right lane blocked for tree removal.
- Winterberry Dr between Stephens Ln and Oleander Dr – Northbound lane blocked as needed for sewer line repair.
Closures Scheduled from 6pm to 6am:
- N Broadway between W Loudon Ave and Granard Ave – Center turn lane and inbound/outbound left lanes blocked for water main installation.
- N Broadway at W Third St – Inbound/outbound left lanes blocked on Broadway, and westbound lane blocked on Third for valve box cleaning.
Tonight: Low of 62. 40% Chance of Precipitation.
Tomorrow: High of 79. Low of 63. 40% Chance of Precipitation.
Sunday: High of 89. Low of 64. 50% chance of rain during the night.
Events around Lexington
Keenland’s Spring Race meet starts today and will run Wednesday through Sunday until the 29th. Gates open at 11 a.m. and the first post time is 1:15. p.m. Umbrellas are permitted, so I suggest bringing one in case of rain. Admission is $5.
The University of Kentucky’s Art Museum is open to the general public for free today from noon until 8 p.m. “World War I and The Art of Persuasion” is on display. “SPLENDID SILK: Japanese Embroidery2011 Nuido World Exhibition” will open on Sunday until 3 July.
“Trends in Contemporary Navajo Pottery will be presented by Anthony Webster, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale room 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m is Student Center room 249.
Beauxs Art Ball is this Saturday. Tickets are on sale at CD Central, POPS Resale, Third Street Stuff, Oneness Premium and in front of Pence Hall on the UK campus. For more information go to their website.
The National Weather Service has issued a tornado watch for the Lexington-Fayette County area until 6 p.m. CDT/7 p.m. EDT.
A strong line of thunderstorms associated with a cold front is bearing down on central Kentucky bringing with it hail and damaging winds. The tornado watch accompanies a wind advisory for strong winds gusting 40-50 mph.
According to WLEX-TV, the line of storms passed through the Jackson Purchase area of western Kentucky earlier today, causing a building collapse in Ballard County and reports of up to an inch-and-a-half sized hail.