Just because you have to spend a lot of money on Valentine’s Day to show your special person a good time, doesn’t mean you can’t save a bit of money along the way.
Coupons are a bit too old-school for the tech savvy new generation. How about trying some Foursquare deals?
The location-based social network for smartphones is essentially an application that allows users to check-in to different places, be it homes, coffeehouses, your work or restaurants. Users get points and badges for frequent check-ins. Certain businesses offer specials on their products for people who check-in and tell all their friends.
So if you still haven’t decided where you may want to take the date, here are a few classy establishments in Lexington that have a running discount on Foursquare:
- The Dish – Amex Deal – Located on Euclid and Ashland in the Chevy Chase area, the restaurant offers “New American” cuisine, like hazelnut stuffed roast chicken and chipotle-brown sugar pork tenderloin. The “Amex Deal” is a running offer for anyone holding an American Express card. If you spend five dollars, you’ll be credited five more on your next statement.
- Bella Notte – Amex Deal – One of the signature Italian restaurants in Lexington. You’ll be sure to charm him/her there, although good luck getting a last-minute reservation. However, if you can somehow find a way, you’ll get the same Amex deal, spend five bucks on your American Express card, get credited five dollars on your next statement.
- Smashing Tomato – Free Affogato – This pizza place has a good selection of specialty pizzas. And if you choose to come here, you can get a free “affogato”, a coffee-based drink usually made of ice cream and a shot of expresso. Can’t go wrong there.
- Corusso’s Pizzeria – 15% off anything – Pizza may be common in the life of young adults and college students in Lexington, but if you’re looking for a more casual take on V-day dining, check ourt Corusso’s Pizzeria. Order anything you want, and get 15 percent off your total.
- Chili’s – Free Chips & Salsa – Ok. You’re not looking for something new. You want something safe and dependable. Chili’s may be a good bet. Their Tex-Mex menu is hard to beat. And if you check-in, you’ll get a complementary chips and salsa. Take that, authentic mexican cuisine.