It’s just three days away from one of the biggest shopping days of the year, Black Friday. It was named because retailers turn a profit which is shown in black ink back in the 1960s. Many stores are open for longer than their normal hours. The Fayette Mall in Lexington, Kentucky will have stores opening at midnight on Thanksgiving Day. Shoppers are expecting discounted prices on gifts and their other purchases throughout the day. Below is a list of stores at and around the mall that are offering discounts and coupons for Black Friday according to blackfriday.fm
- Abercrombie & Fitch – 50% off everything in the store up until 9am (40% off after 9am)
- Aeropostale – 60% off everything, spend over $100 get free headphones or DJ Teddy
- Bath & Body Works – an over $100 value VIP tote bag exclusive only on 11/28
- Dick’s Sporting Goods – receive $20 off your next purchase of $100 or more
- Macy’s – coupon for $10 off your purchase of $25 or more, extra 10% off sale and clearance, extra 15% off clearance apparel
- Old Navy – save $10 off on a $50 purchase and earn triple points in-store only w/ Old Navy Card
- RadioShack – $10 off coupon for every $50 spent
- Sears – $10 off any $40 puchase, 20% off Craftsman power lawn & garden plus, get $100 rewards card when you buy 4 Goodyear, Dunlop, Bridgestone, Falken or Hamkook tires
- Victoria’s Secret – free limited edition tote with a purchase of $65 or more
Last year the National Retail Federation recorded an estimate of 226 million shoppers visiting stores and shopping online through Black Friday and up through the weekend. To get prepared for Black Friday here are some tips:
- Start real early on your shopping. Some deals last for only a few hours in the morning, so make sure you get those deals.
- Research those ads and online websites. Like what you are doing now, find those ads and keep up with your research through the Internet and social networks.
- Save your receipts. Many stores have a return policy or price adjustment policy to where you can save your receipt and get a better deal after Black Friday.
A veteran Black Friday shopper follows these tips in order to get what they want at the best price for the holiday shopping season. Here’s some more advice for shopping in the Lexington area… good luck! Click the video below for a spoof on Black Friday stampedes.