Two bombs went off today at the finish line of the 117th Boston Marathon.
President Obama said, “We still do not know who did this or why.” There is still no suspect, according to Boston police commissioner Edward Davis’s latest report. In Obama’s most recent report at 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday, he said the FBI is still investigating.
So far, Davis said three are dead and it’s unknown exactly how many were injured. CNN is now saying 144 people were hurt.
Hospitals around the area are treating victims as young three years old. Eight-year-old Martin Richard is one of the three killed. His mother and six-year-old sister had serious injuries as well, CNN reported.
In an earlier report, Davis said a third explosion at the JFK Library was possibly related to the attacks at the finish line. However, the JFK Library Twitter said that it was just fire that looked like it started in the mechanical room. Davis said that there were no injuries that he knew of at the library.
Davis also said that people can reach their own conclusions on if these events were terrorist attacks. Obama said that people should not jump to conclusions in his address on Monday, but on Tuesday he called the attacks “an act of terror.”
CNN producer Matt Frucci said the explosions went off around 2:45 p.m. and the hotel used for the Boston Marathon Headquarters was locked down.
Obama said that we will get to the bottom of the explosions, finding out exactly who did it and why. He said he has faith that Boston will come together and sent his condolences to the city.